Jesus, take me away...


You know, this mentality that is rampant in Christianity of hoping Jesus comes soon and people have a "Calgon, take me away" moment, although understandable, really needs to die.

Look, here's the problem with it, and it's been proven by human nature, anyone that is waiting to get "out" of something will never put as much effort or handle the responsibilities as well as someone that's "in" something for the long haul.

It's true at work, in marriages, in any relationship actually. Unless you are completely in it for the long haul, you're going to put a halfhearted effort in. We can convince ourselves in our mind otherwise, but it's the reality of how our mind frame affects us.

So, yes, this world is bad, not as bad as the past despite what people believe, but it is bad and yes getting away from this fallen world would be nice, but your mentality has to be that you are here for the long haul, no matter how long, no matter how bad it gets, and put all of you and what God has gifted you with into it.

People whine about their lives, I do it too, but there's some horrendous stuff happening to people and while we are building country clubs for Christians there are people who need real tangible help. That's our job.

But if at the mention of any heinous event the first thought is escape, I doubt that someone will give as much tangible help as God would want them to towards the victims.

They're usually too busy packing their bags and picturing the decor of their mansion in a manner of speaking. I've made my own plans for eternity and I have repented, changed my mind, from that focus and have focused on the here and now.

The here and now needs me more than the there and future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Kiling makes you neither a hero or villian, it makes you a weapon of darkness.

Am I a "Cool Kid?"