Stay away from the world? Really?

 
I've noticed that people cling to scriptures that seem to imply that we should not spend time with the lost, that we should come out of the world, that we are not for this place, etc. Who am I to go against that, it is written in scripture after all.

See, I admit and agree that those words do seem to be in scripture, but interestingly enough, Jesus seemed to have modeled the exact opposite. He spent most of His time with the lost, with some of the "worst" of the lost, in mainstream Christianity's eyes. In fact He spent time with them right where they were at not in a temple built by human hands.

You see, a few years back I was drawn to a Love that I can't even begin to describe and at that time, I, in the blink of an eye was made new. I made a conscious decision that moment to follow that Man of unconditional Love, that God of Love, and follow Jesus the Christ.

The thing is that by in fact following Jesus I have unfortunately ran into some that are so quick to stone others, including myself, with those same scriptures and they have decided to accuse me of not following what they call god, scripture. In a nutshell their accusation boils down to that I am not following scripture by acting in a manner that shows my choosing to follow our Messiah, so I am not following their true god.

They don't notice their little statement causes a paradox. Who or what are we to be following? Should we follow what was written or should we follow those things that God Himself clearly displayed and made a perfect example of in His own actions? Me thinks we have ourselves a dilemma. What to do?

Now don't get me wrong, I do believe 2 Timothy 3:16, which incidentally when written the only scripture was the Torah, but I also believe Hebrews 1:3, Colossians 1:16, Philippians 2:9-11, 2 Corinthians 3:6, and many more. But when I see the records of God in action, Jesus modifies or trumps what is written interestingly enough by His own actions. Not only that, but it's documented that He Himself stated on a few different subjects "You have heard it was said [written], but I am saying to you..."

See this is the dilemma that occurs when people have turned scripture into something it doesn't claim for itself. Scripture points to Jesus, but is not Jesus, and it never claimed to be. Man is who portrayed it as such and elevated it to a part of the Trinity effectively squeezing the true 2nd out, Jesus, the Christ, God Himself.

I am a follower of Jesus, always will be, maybe more should try it. Because most by "following" scripture are showing their lack in following Jesus and are walking in a form of Godliness but are far from His power.

Do we introduce ourselves again from the beginning to show you what we are, or do we need, as others, letters of commandments to be written to you about us, or for you to write to give decrees concerning us? But you are our letter written in our heart and known and read by everyone. For you know that you are a letter of The Messiah that is ministered by us, written not in ink, but by The Spirit of THE LIVING GOD, not in tablets of stone, but in tablets of hearts of flesh. But in this way we have trust in The Messiah toward God, Not that we are sufficient to think anything as from ourselves, but our power is from God, He who made us worthy to be Ministers of The New Covenant, not in The Scripture, but in The Spirit, for The Scripture kills, but The Spirit gives life. - 2 Cor. 3:1-6 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Kiling makes you neither a hero or villian, it makes you a weapon of darkness.

Am I a "Cool Kid?"