Scripture tit for tat


I've found people question why I don't get into debates with them on my page, they make their own assumptions about me not studying scripture, me writing my own bible, I'm trying to silence my critics (when my page is public and they are free to abuse me), etc.

I decided to address this and explain to those that wonder that I don't really entertain theological debates because most of the time it's pointless, most people are not likely to change their minds, it can just end up dragging on and on, and to me it is a complete waste of time.

Most of the time you can tell someone that is humble and really wants to learn or has a real question, as well as those that humbly want to express a different view. You also can tell real quick those that just want to fight and call you names.

I also don't play the scripture "tit for tat" game, I tend to stay clear of answering someone's use of scripture to prove their point with another scripture to prove my point because I hate that. I spent years sharing scripture (for the wrong reasons), studying this and that, looking for ways to "catch" people and sneak my "true" interpretation of scripture on them, and you know what?

I realized that I had absolutely PERVERTED what scripture was to be used for... So now I just talk to people. I may paraphrase scripture here and there in my own colorful way, but I wont use scripture as an offensive weapon in my dealings with a person ever again.

In counseling someone, yes I use scripture that relates to an issue they are dealing with, I now use it PROPERLY, but as I said, I won't get into a scripture bomb war with people with negative intentions.

I've found that in many Christian comment boards that scripture is used in the same way that curse words are used on non Christian comment boards, it's used with the same intent to attack someone and demean them.

I will not regress, I used to be the king of poop-talking on forums, I don't like the taste of poop in my mouth anymore, I like milk and honey.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Kiling makes you neither a hero or villian, it makes you a weapon of darkness.

Am I a "Cool Kid?"