Who do you really follow? Scripture, man, Jesus?


It's very interesting that most that support inerrancy of scripture, say those that don't, "follow man". It's interesting because the majority of the beliefs in the modern church and American Christianity™ aren't from scripture they are teachings from names like Calvin, Darby, Anselm, Augustine, and others, including their local pastors.

Those are men, by the way (and possibly some women).

Look, please consider this, if you really have no idea of the history of why you believe what you believe, and you only believe it because you were taught it, then please take pause before making statements that infer that you have infallible knowledge about the subject being discussed. Do your homework first, and that means spending time studying church history.

Now some people say that the Spirit confirms these things for them, that they don't need to study history. Well, lets try an experiment, how many of your beliefs does the Spirit not confirm? Seems to me you make the claim He confirms them all, I find that very, very, convenient.

But I digress. I am by no means an expert, and I wouldn't claim to be, but I have spent significant time studying church history, studying how different beliefs and theories started, I search out the back ground. I enjoy the history of the church, the church fathers, and where beliefs come from.

It's very arrogant for people who really have spent limited to no time studying these things to come in and try to rebuke, correct, or educate on a subject they really know little about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Kiling makes you neither a hero or villian, it makes you a weapon of darkness.

Am I a "Cool Kid?"